A panel of physicians from Mayo Clinic, Northwestern Medical Center, and Central Indiana Orthopedics discuss 9 questions of medicine & faith
Tuesday, October 26
Cardinal Hall B in Ball State’s Pittenger Student Center
Bart Pederson, associate professor of medical education, has culled a list of nine questions that he’s heard from his students over the years. They are:
- How did your faith play a role in your decision to go into the medical field?
- How does your faith inform your work as a physician?
- How does your faith impact your interactions with your patients?
- Are faith conversations with patients initiated by you or by your patients?
- Do you pray with your patients?
- How do you respond if a patient from another faith background asks you to pray for them?
- What is your relationship with chaplains?
- What challenges in the medical field are unique for Christians?
- What question do you wish we would have asked?
Medical Professionals on panel:
- Kayla Nixon, fellow in Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery at Northwestern Medicine, Evanston, IL
- Matt Schuelke, resident and PhD. student at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Keith Miller, retired orthopedist, Central Indiana Orthopedics, Muncie, IN
- Andy Vaughn, Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN